Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A talk: What have I done for someone today?

I enjoy the Sundays in Relief Society when Julie Gleason teaches. I can feel her heart in every lesson. The lesson she taught came from an Ensign article from November 2009 by Thomas S. Monson.

What have I done for someone today? I have to say that I am guilty of not doing anything for someone today, well, that I think is important. I won't say what I did today for someone because I believe my reward should be in heaven but I can honestly say it felt good.

When we lose ourselves in service to others, that is when we are the happiest, full of joy. 

When I start to feel miserable I have to ask myself this question: What have I done for someone today?

I can say that from the smallest thing as a smile (which is actually huge) to helping a sick neighbor, doing things like this daily brings joy and happiness.  You forget about yourself and all your troubles during the time of service. 

I close with this quote:


Albert Schweitzer, the noted theologian and missionary physician, declared: 'I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.'
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive Followers from Facebook

Positive Followers