Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gratitude

Everywhere you read about the pursuit to being happy you'll find this word:


Gratitude: the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.

Every night, a dear friend, Lisa May, asks the question on her Facebook, "What are you grateful for that happened in your life today?"

What are you grateful for?

A lot has happened in the past 5 years where we have struggled financially because of an unforseen injury that happened to my husband.  I won't go into detail but having gratitude for the positive things in our lives has carried me through it all.

You may not believe me, but everyday I thank my Heavenly Father for just about everything.  I literally thank him for my shower, the warm water, my loofah, shampoo & conditioner, body-wash, my towel and I genuinely am grateful for those everyday things I used to take for granted.

When I brush my teeth, I thank Him for my toothbrush, my beautiful teeth, my smile...when I blow-dry my hair, I thank Him for giving me straight manageable hair...when I put on my moisturizer I thank Him for clear skin.   This is not to be vain, it's to appreciate who I am and who He made me to be.  I go on to thank Him for my car, my home, my children....everything, my life!

You get the picture.  I try to do this daily and I tell you what, I have happier, gratifying days when I do this.  It's the little things in life we take for granted that make us happy when we realize how blessed we are.
Look at the devastation in Haiti.  They are predicting the death toll to be as high as 500,000!  Oh my goodness!  I'm grateful to be alive.  I am grateful to live in a country where everything is available to us!  God bless those people who were already struggling to begin with!

Wake up!  We are all blessed!  We are all so blessed.  I'm grateful for my struggles, for without them, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today.

True happiness comes when you recognize your blessings and give gratitude to the One who gives them to you daily.

So, as Lisa says "What are you grateful for that happened in your life today"?

xoxo
Myda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive Followers from Facebook

Positive Followers