Sunday, September 28, 2014

Emperor's Silk Chopping Block

I got this old chopping block from my mother in law.  She was moving and getting rid of most of her old furniture.  I loved this piece because it's solid and beautiful.  It was a little dirty and worn on the top.  I kept it in my entry way until I got inspired.

I've been wanting to use a rich, deep color on something from Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint line so one day I just decided to do it!

I went to my local Annie Sloan Chalk Paint carrier, Vintage Begonia in Old Town Temecula.  I was happy to see they had restocked all of their sample bottles.  The previous month had a bare shelf with a few to choose from.

I took a chance and bought Emperor's Silk!  I waxed it with clear and then dark wax.

Here's the before:



Here is the after






No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive Followers from Facebook

Positive Followers